19 MW DC Akyrtobe Solar Project
Renewable energy project ready for autumn auctions
|Location||Soghetti village, 40 East of Taraz, Zhambyl Region, South Kazakhstan|
|Land||50 hectare plot of land secured under 49 years lease|
|Power Capacity||19 000 000 W DC|
|Grid Connection||It is planned to connect the SPP Akyrtobe Solar according to the tap-off scheme from the 110 kV overhead line ZhGRES-Akyr Tube (L-138) with the construction of:
• single-circuit HVL 110 kV by AC-120 wire with a length of 0.05 km;
• SS 110/10 kV according to the typical scheme 110-3Н "block, line transformer with a switch", with the installation of one 110/10 kV transformer with a capacity of 25 MVA.
Technical conditions could be seen here>>>
|Solar Technology||250 Wp multi-crystalline silicon modules on fixed support structures|
|Production Yield||1495 kWh/kWp (independent internet resource assessment, simulated by PVSyst, P50)|
|Electricity Generation||28 400 000 kWh (Year 1)|
|PPA||Should be acquired through autumn auctions. The tariff won at auctions will be guaranteed through 15 year PPA with Renewable Energy Financial Settlement Centre. Wholly-owned subsidiary of national state-owned grid operator KEGOC|
|PPA Tariff at auctions||Starting at 34.61 tenge/kWh excluding VAT|
|Revenues||To be calculated with the results of the tariff won at auctions|
|Investment||~ 16.7 Mil US dollars plus financing costs|
|Project IRR||Shall be calculated applying different tariff scenarios starting at 34,61 kzt/kWh|
|Project SPV Company||Akyrtobe Solar LLP - dedicated SPV registered in Kazakhstan and 100% Private sector|
|Project Status||Ready for autumn auctions.|
Soghetti in Zhambyl region, South Kazakhstan. 40 km East of Taraz
50 hectares good quality land. Secured by long-term lease
Attraction of the project
Attraction of our Akyrtobe solar project
– Our Akyrtobe project represents an excellent opportunity to
- Invest in Kazakhstan, a strong and stable Central Asian economy.
- Promote and finance sustainable development infrastructure for Kazakhstan.
- Develop and diversify the Kazakhstan economy through renewable energy.
– Opportunity to promote a Flagship project and blueprint for Solar energy in Kazakhstan.
– Opportunity to invest in and showcase a real live solar project after Kazakhstan’s Expo-2017.
– Strong investment returns through the life of the PPA, and thereafter with a fully-amortized asset.
– Sponsored by Developer’s dedicated project company, Akyrtobe Solar, registered in Kazakhstan.
Strengths of our Akyrtobe solar project
– Our project has the firm commitment and support of the public administrations in Kazakhstan.
– Good climatic conditions in the Akyrtobe area for high plant performance.
– Extremely low uncertainty on electricity generation assumptions thanks to independent reports.
– Expert design and engineering by Developer’s internationally recognized team of solar experts.
– Low risk operation and production through the use of proven solar technology and tier 1 suppliers.
– Low-risk simple construction and short construction period.
– Secured grid connection, already approved by REC, KEGOC and Ministry of Energy.
– Ready-to-build in 2019.
Project schedule and timelines
According to the plan, the project could be completed and given into commissioning in 2019 subject to the following deadlines:
√ Autumn auctions → to be held on 17.10.2018, registration period 01.08.2018-09.10.2018
√ The signing of the PPA → in 60 days after winning the auctions
√ Land allocation → registered in name of SPV (land lease 49 years), the status of the land plot to be changed in 2 months after winning the auctions
√ Obtaining technical conditions for connection to the power grid → June 2018 (completed)
√ Detailed design and cost estimates → November 2018 – February 2019
√ Private expertise approval (for solar park side) → 20 calendar days, after submitting
√ State expertise approval (for grid connection part) → 45 business days, after submitting
√ Notification on start of construction works (Construction permit) → 3 days after receiving the expertise approval
√ The beginning of construction → if all overgiven points are successfully realized 2nd quarter of 2019
√ Commissioning of a 19 MW SES – 4th quarter 2019
Please see the development chart